Friday, July 1, 2011

Things I'm loving this week...


As inspired by B. and her pretty, peachy post, here’s today’s entry!  Forgive the picture quality-they were taken by someone with zero skill, using an iPhone. 
           
The Lord of the Rings trilogy

This was the event on Tuesday night that prompted me to abandon the blog to clean for the sitter.  When the LotR movies first came out, I was part of a group known as the Ohio Ring Council.  We were a nerdy lot, joined by a common love of dressing up as creatures with pointy ears.  The group lasted for many years, but eventually fell apart as life got in the way.  Just this past month, the films were re-released in their extended, director’s cut versions, for one night only.  So, for the past 3 weeks, old friends have been reuniting to watch and reminisce.  It brought the group back together, and breathed new life into old friendships.

Summery nail polish

My toes have been neglected for a shameful amount of time, but today they were scrubbed, buffed, lotioned, and polished in this pretty shade, just so I can wear my beloved flip-flops without shame.  And trust me, I had plenty of reasons to feel shame.  My feet are rather unlovely.  Also, coupons.com has a printable coupon for $1 off a bottle of Sally Hansen polish-it’s a cheap way to treat yourself!

Goodies from Etsy

So, my sister is an awesome gift giver, and has blessed me with fantastic body scrub from Quintescentials (sadly, the shop is temporarily closed), this adorable family necklace with our names and birthstones from one9designs, and a series of British themed prints from papergangsterprints!  She knows me well…as long as I have something shiny, have soft skin, and have a picture of a police-call box to stare at (hello, TARDIS!), I’m a happy girl!

Fireworks

B. and I got to see our first of the year at the Crew game last Sunday, and with this being 4th of July weekend, there’s lots more to come!  Red, White, and Boom is tonight, but I’m not a sadist, so we’re skipping it in favor of smaller, local displays.  We’re looking at Groveport’s Saturday night, and maybe Clintonville or Westerville on Sunday.  It’ll be interesting to see how the Little Dude handles them!

Peach iced tea

This is probably a good time to mention that I am not being paid or compensated in any way for promoting these items.  I buy them out of pocket because I love them.  And I really, really love Revolution Tea!  Flavors are phenomenal, and I don’t get the sensation that I brewed something that was mixed with sawdust.  My absolute favorite, though, is to make iced tea with their Ginger Peach tea.  It’s not summer without it!  It’s a bit pricey, and I have to drive out of my way to buy it, but I do it because I love it.  And I just found out that, on their website, Ginger Peach is 20% off!

No comments:

Post a Comment