Sunday, August 7, 2011

Sunday: Good, Bad and the Ugly

I'm back!  I survived a 10 hour car trip with my lovely boys alone twice this week.  We went on vacation up north to visit friends but dh couldn't go this time.  So I drove the boys and we all managed to not kill each other in the car, which is very good in my book.  Dh stayed home and worked on painting the house since there were no kids underfoot.  He got almost all of it done which makes me so happy.





My house is slowly starting to smell like banana bread that's in the oven.  I tried a new recipe this time and I hope it turns out good.  I got it from Simply Recipes and it really was easy to make.


Banana Bread Recipe

  • Prep time: 5 minutes
  • Cook time: 1 hour

Ingredients

  • 3 or 4 ripe bananas, smashed
  • 1/3 cup melted butter
  • 1 cup sugar (can easily reduce to 3/4 cup)
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • Pinch of salt
  • 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour

Method

No need for a mixer for this recipe. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). With a wooden spoon, mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl. Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla. Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in. Add the flour last, mix. Pour mixture into a buttered 4x8 inch loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour. Cool on a rack. Remove from pan and slice to serve.

Yield: Makes one loaf.



The bad is that one of my son's brought back a fever with him from vacation and has now passed it on to the other kid.  We are on day three of 100+ temps for him, but he is not feeling real sick which means he is bored.  He's had to miss two birthday parties this weekend because of it so he's not thrilled at all.

And the ugly today goes to my poor friend and fellow blogger K who is home really sick with her family.  She's had a rough few days and I hope she gets well soon.

B

No comments:

Post a Comment